Monday, February 2, 2009

My Home-made Carbonara


Though I love to eat, cooking was never my cup of tea. During my early twenties, I tried preparing basic meals and even did baking - but all were failure. No matter how I obey the cookbook instruction point by point, still no luck. I gave up and convinced my self that this certain skills requires some innate gift from God. Hehe...

My friends knows how much I love pasta dishes - from my mom's sweet-stlye kiddie spaghetti to the major philippine fastfood pasta version up to the authentic italian beef bolognese and seafood alfredo. Yummy!

Maybe because of boredom and the fact that I was just at home, last saturday I decided to explore the kitchen and cook creamy carbonara. Reseach an easy-to-prepare recipe over the net, bought all ingredients after office and then I was set to go. Whew!


creamy white sauce made of butter, nestle cream milk, evaporated milk, cream of mushroom, parmesan cheese and parsley



boiling the san remo spaghetti until aldente


started sauteing the garlic and white onions with olive oil


pour the cooked pasta after



next is putting the cooked turkey ham


little by little put the white sauce and stir continuosly


topped with more parmesan cheese and parsley
.
I started cooking at 7pm and after 2 hours, I had my 10-minute home-made dinner at 9pm. Suprisingly it tasted good. Total cost for all-of-a-sudden kitchen exploration is S$15. It's been 3 days already and there is still alot of carbonara stock on the fridge. Wanna taste some?

2 comments:

  1. I came across your blog and the picture of food caught my eye. I read your post and it sounds just like me in the kitchen a 20 minute recipe can turn into an hour or so for me to cook and I can never get it to look as good as it does in the picture. i am going to try this recipe.
    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is definately tasting good!
    There is no surprise to me that you can make delicious food!

    ReplyDelete