Friday, October 9, 2009

Spicy Mushroom Pasta w/ Dry Red Wine


My man loves pasta and I'm trying my very best to please him by cooking. I already cooked penne marinara and carbonara for him long time back. Just the other day, he requested for another pasta dish for our home dinner. So after so much browsing on some food websites, I decided to prepare Spicy Mushroom Pasta with Dry Red Wine.


Ingredients:
Garlic
Onions
Minced button Mushroom
Assorted cheeses ( i used parmasan and cheddar)
Penne pasta
Puree tomatoes
Dry red wine
Chili powder

Procedure:
1. Boil and cooked penne pasta as package instruction. Set aside.
2. In a pan, heat oil. Saute garlic, onions and minced button mushroom.
3. Put 1 cup of dry red wine, boil until well absorbed by onions and mushroom.
4. Add the puree tomatoes, put the cheese and add little water.
5. Sprinkle with chili power according to taste.
6. Simmer for another 3 minutes and pour over cooked penne pasta.




My man loved what I prepared and finished one single-plate serving of it. Hehe... Luckly I cooked 500 grams pasta, I had enough leftover to bring for office tomorrow. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment